About our Training
This is a one day intensive RPL Classic Eyelash Extensions training option for you to be brought up to speed with all theory and knowledge needed to succeed in RPL for the Australian national accreditation, plus the latest industry standards for safe lashing. You will also complete lashing on a live model under trainer observation as credit towards your first RPL Evidence requirement.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for the Unit SHBBMUP001 Apply Eyelash Extensions is offered in conjunction with our partnering Registered Training Provider, Trainwest (RTO 51807).
Our Classic Eyelash Extension training course has been designed to meet and exceed the criteria set by the Australian Government, meaning on successful completion, our students can receive a Statement of Attainment for the Unit of Competency SHBBMUP001 Apply Eyelash Extensions from our partnering Registered Training Provider, Trainwest (RTO 51807) in addition to our own certification.
Please be aware that if you are only looking for the minimum evidence requirements necessary to receive a Statement of Attainment for national accreditation, this course may not be for you. Theory, knowledge, methods and safe lashing standards have changed significantly within the Lash Industry in recent times. Enchanted SPA sets a higher standard than the minimum set by Service Skills Australia for assessment requirements to ensure you are able to meet current Industry standards.
Qualifications that include the Unit SHBBMUP001 Apply Eyelash Extensions as an Elective:
- SHB40115 Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy
- SHB30215 Certificate III in Make Up
- SHB30115 Certificate III in Beauty Services
- SHB20116 Certificate II in Retail Cosmetics
These qualifications are not currently offered by Trainwest but are available from other Registered Training Providers.
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS
Outline and Training Structure
Your training is delivered by Certified Trainers & Assessors and will cover all of the following:
Theory – what you need to know
- Work Health & Safety – how to take care of yourself and your clients
- Health & Hygiene Regulations & Requirements – how to make sure your business complies with State and council requirements
- Personal Hygiene & Presentation – presenting your best self for your business
- Anatomy Theory – understanding the structure and cycle of the natural lash
- Extension types – understanding the different types of Eyelash Extensions and when to use them
- Eye shapes & styles – recognising Eye Shapes and choosing styles and extensions to best suit your client
- Humidity and its effect on Eyelash Extension Application – why you need to monitor your humidity and how to work with it
- Consultation, Patch Testing & Contraindications – how consultation and patch testing can minimise risks, manage expectations and maximise happiness for your clients
- Tools of the Trade – what you need and when and how to use them
- Insurance & Legal liabilities and responsibilities
Practical – how to apply theory to everyday treatment application
- Work Area Preparation
- Application – how to apply safely and isolate correctly
- Maintenance and Infills
- Advanced techniques for Correction, Density, Texture & Variation
- Tips & Tricks
- Manual Practice on mannequin head
- Practical assessment on live model (1 model)
Post course Assessment Program – Evidence Collection for RPL
- Three x Full Set Eyelash Extension Applications, each set consisting of a minimum of eighty eyelash extensions per eye
- Two Infill Services
- One Removal Service
- Knowledge Assessment Questionnaire
For RPL, Enchanted SPA recommends evidence is collected for all activities required and submitted together at the same time for assessment. How long this will take to complete may depend on:
- Whether your salon environment is already established and meets the requirements for independent study. We provide you with details on what you need in our Student Information Handbook when you enrol with us. If you need time to set up first, this is ok and we can provide tips during your face to face training on the type of equipment you need and where to find it.
- Your personal circumstances. If you have existing commitments, or an illness or disability that means you need to complete your assessments over a longer period, just let us know in advance so we can adjust your program.
- Your personal efforts in submitting assessments on time and correctly
- Whether you have attained the required skill and knowledge level at the completion of the recommended study. If your Trainer feels you are not quite ready, you do not ‘Fail’. They may ask you to complete additional tasks or activities to help you meet competency requirements.
On successful completion of this course you will receive certification from Enchanted SPA as well as a Statement of Attainment from Trainwest for the Unit of Competency, SHBBMUP001 Apply Eyelash Extensions.
What you get when you train with Enchanted SPA
- One Full day face to face training
- Student Information Handbook, Study Guide and Workbook
- Comprehensive Training Guide
- Post course Assessment program for RPL including Case Studies and Knowledge Assessment
- All products and tools provided for your use during face to face training
|Duration||1 Full Day Face to Face training plus independent post course Assessment program for RPL|
|Hours||8.30am to 5.30pm|
|Accreditation||Enchanted SPA Certificate of Competency on successful completion of training and post course Assessment program
Statement of Attainment for SHBBMUP001 Apply Eyelash Extensions from our partner, Trainwest (RTO 51807) on successful completion of training and post course Assessment program
|Payment Options||Payment in full OR Pay by three x weekly instalments of $250.00 (interest free)|
|Requirements||Pen/Pencil and note pad to take notes|
|Uniform||Comfortable black clothes/beauty uniform and flat enclosed shoes|
HOW TO ENROL:
To enrol in RPL for SHBBMUP001 Apply Eyelash Extensions, please give us a call or email in the first instance so we can discuss your experience in Classic Eyelash Extensions and confirm RPL and upskilling is the best option for you.
Call us on 1300 113 996 during business hours (AWST), text us on 0450 424 739 or Contact Us.