About our Training
Lash & Brow treatments have become incredibly popular for beauty savvy Clients – especially those who are time-poor and want a fresh and defined look from the moment they wake up. Our Lash and Brow Design & Alchemy training course includes relatively quick and low maintenance treatments for you to offer your Clients. These treatments can be used by themselves, as a supplement to other services or as a beauty treatment package. Included in the course are:
- Brow Shape & Design
- Brow Tinting using different tinting techniques
- Depilation – Hot and Strip Brow Waxing & Tweezing
- Lash Tinting
Our Lash and Brow Design & Alchemy training course has been designed to meet and exceed the criteria set by the Australian Government, meaning on successful completion our students can receive a Statement of Attainment for the Unit of Competency SHBBFAS001 Provide Lash and Brow Services from our partnering Registered Training Provider, Trainwest (RTO 51807) in addition to our own certification.
Qualifications that include the Unit SHBBFAS001 are:
- SHB40115 Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy
- SHB50115 Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- SHB30115 Certificate III in Beauty Services
- SHB30215 Certificate III in Makeup
There is no Pre-requisite required to enrol in this course. Our Lash and Brow Design & Alchemy course is designed for beginners who are new to Lash and Brow Services and for those who have trained previously but do not have confidence in their knowledge level.
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS
Outline and Training Structure
Your training is delivered by Certified Trainers & Assessors and will cover all of the following:
THEORY – WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Work Health & Safety – how to take care of yourself and your clients
- Health & Hygiene Regulations & Requirements – how to make sure your business complies with State and council requirements
- Personal Hygiene & Presentation – presenting your best self for your business
- Anatomy Theory – understanding skin anatomy and the structure and cycle of the natural lash and brow
- Contra Indications and Contra Actions
- Brow Shape & Design including facemapping, measuring and marking
- Colour Tinting for Lashes and Brows including neutralisation and bleaching
- Brow depilation using hot wax, strip wax and tweezers
- Client Consultation and Patch Testing – how consultation and patch testing can minimise risks, manage expectations and maximise happiness for your clients
- Tools of the Trade – what you need and when and how to use them
- Insurance & Legal liabilities and responsibilities
PRACTICAL – HOW TO APPLY THEORY TO EVERYDAY TREATMENT APPLICATION
- Work Area Preparation
- Application – how to safely and correctly perform lash and brow tinting, bleaching and brow waxing and tweezing
- Aftercare and Maintenance
- Tips & Tricks
- Manual Practice
- Practical skills on live models (4 models)
POST COURSE ASSESSMENT PROGRAM – TRANSITIONING TO A LASH AND BROW PROFESSIONAL
We use a Competency-based training approach to teaching and learning that allows our Students to demonstrate their knowledge and skills in the workplace by applying what they learn and their experiences from the training program. Competency-based training is learner focused and is a natural fit to independent study, with your Trainer guiding you through the process. This method allows a Student to learn at their own pace, practising and refining as they move through each case study.
After your initial face to face training, you will be required to submit independent assessments completed in your own salon environment to perfect the skills and knowledge you have learned. For Lash and Brow Design & Alchemy training, you will need to complete the following to a Competent standard:
- Four x Lash and Brow treatments, each treatment consisting of an eyebrow shape, eyebrow tint and lash tint
- Knowledge Assessment Form
While Enchanted SPA recommends a four week study timetable for completion of all activities required, how long your course will take to complete may depend on:
Whether your salon environment is already established and meets the requirements for independent study. We provide you with details on what you need in our Student Information Handbook when you enrol with us. If you need time to set up first, this is ok and we can provide tips during your face to face training on the type of equipment you need and where to find it.
- Your personal circumstances. If you have existing commitments, or an illness or disability that means you need to complete your assessments over a longer period, just let us know in advance so we can adjust your program.
- Your personal efforts in submitting assessments on time and correctly
- Whether you have attained the required skill and knowledge level at the completion of the recommended study. If your Trainer feels you are not quite ready, you do not ‘Fail’. They may ask you to complete additional tasks or activities to help you meet competency requirements.
On successful completion of this course you will be able to proficiently perform Brow Shaping & Tinting and Lash Tinting services providing you with superb income opportunities for low outlay.
Our Lash and Brow Design & Alchemy training courses are delivered regularly in Perth, with courses available in Regional WA, Adelaide, Darwin and other states in Australia on demand.
What you get when you train with Enchanted SPA
- Two Full days Face to Face training (8.30am to 5.30pm each day)
- Student Information Handbook, Study Guide and Workbook
- Comprehensive Training Guide
- Post course Assessment program including Case Study review, feedback and support and Knowledge Assessment
- Permanent access to online Lash & Brow Services Training Video Libraries
- Membership of ‘The Enchanted World’ – an online support group exclusively for Enchanted students with access to Trainers and Industry experts
- Ongoing access to additional workshops
- Full Tools of the Trade Kit including Tinting: Belmacil Tints in Black and Light Brown, Belmacil Bleaching Creme, Belma Shield, Belmacil Creme Oxydant, 2 in 1 mixing dish, Application brush, kidney dish, eye guard, information booklet. Shaping & Waxing: Calipers, eyebrow tweezers, eyebrow pencil, 200cc Wax Heater, Adam & Eve Orange Pre Wax Oil 125ml, Adam & Eve Vanilla After Wax Lotion 125ml, Adam & Eve Coconut/Lime Hot/Hard Wax 300g, Adam & Eve Coconut/Lime Strip Wax (100g sample)
Belmacil Lash and Brow Tint and Adam and Eve Wax Kit included in course
|Duration||2 Full Days Face to Face training plus independent post course Assessment program (Assessment program duration is flexible but recommended completion is 4 weeks after initial training)|
|Hours||8.30am to 5.30pm each day|
|Accreditation||Enchanted SPA Certificate of Competency on successful completion of training and post course Assessment program
Statement of Attainment for SHBBFAS001 Provide Lash and Brow Services from our partner, Trainwest (RTO 51807)
|Payment Options||Payment in full OR Pay by five x weekly instalments of $299.00 (interest free)|
|Requirements||Pen/Pencil and note pad to take notes|
|Uniforms||Comfortable black clothes/beauty uniform and flat enclosed shoes|
HOW TO ENROL:
To enrol and pay online, just choose a date that suits you from our list of available dates! Once we have received your payment, you will receive an enrolment confirmation with all of the information you need to prepare for your course.
If you have any questions about our Lash and Brow Design & Alchemy course or the enrolment process, please call us on 1300 113 996 during business hours (AWST), text us on 0450 424 739 or Contact Us.