Are you ready to create your own salon, or take your existing salon up to the next level? Learn how to professionally and safely create and Maintain a Professional Beauty Workplace in our Enchanted Student Beauty Lounge at our Academy!
Our Maintain a Professional Beauty Workplace course provides a national accreditation outcome and beyond. We guide you through every step to running a safe and professional salon that meets and exceeds government standards and regulations for work, health, hygiene and safety in personal appearance service businesses.
This course includes the Units of Competency SHBXCCS002 Provide Salon Services to Clients and SHBXWHS002 Apply Safe Hygiene, Health & Work Practices; which are nationally accredited and recognised in Australia. We deliver accredited courses on behalf of our partnering Registered Training Provider, Trainwest (RTO 51807).
This is perfect for you if:
- You want to round out your knowledge to learn how to confidently deal with all aspects of client service and salon hygiene and safety.
- You don’t yet have your own home or commercial salon set up and want to complete your case studies or refine your skills while gaining two additional qualifications
- You feel like your previous training completely missed any hygiene, worksafe or infection control measures and you want to make sure you’ve got it covered in these COVID 19 times.
You are eligible to enroll in and earn a Statement of Attainment for SHBXCCS002 Provide Salon Services to Clients and SHBXWHS002 Apply Safe Hygiene, Health & Work Practices with Trainwest (at no extra cost) when you successfully complete the required case studies and assessments, as long as all course fees have been paid.
This means you are eligible to earn two qualifications from Trainwest.
We deliver SHBXCCS002 Provide Salon Services to Clients and SHBXWHS002 Apply Safe Hygiene, Health & Work Practices as cross-sector electives for our delivery of BSB42618 Certificate IV in New Small Business.
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS
Our Maintain a Professional Beauty Workplace Course is delivered by Certified Trainers & Assessors and covers:
- Service & Salon Image
- Personal Hygiene & Presentation
- How to schedule appointments, make bookings and fill gaps in your diary
- Managing risks for yourself and your client
- Infection Control
- Reception duties
- Client Consultation & records
- Client communication
- Complaints & Customer Handling
- Salon standards and housekeeping
- How to keep track of takings, manage floats and keep records of your daily earnings
- Salon setup and checklists
- Chemical classifications & Hazards
- Cleaning, Disinfection & Sterilisation process
- Skin Penetration
- Anti discrimination
- Consumer Protection Guarantees
- Accidents & damages
- Fire & Emergency situations
- Hand washing/sanitation
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safe Work Environment
COURSE INCLUSIONS – ACADEMY DELIVERY
- 30 hours in our student salon clinic providing any professional lash or brow treatment you are qualified to provide with us or other trainers. You can also use the treatments for your case studies if you have done training with us and have case studies to do. We offer flexible options over 3 to 5 pre-booked sessions for you to provide door to door service and treatments to clients that we bring in, using our products and equipment and practicing your skills and knowledge at reception, appointment scheduling, cleaning and work preparation in a real life salon environment.
- If you need access to a computer or printer equipment, you can book Tech Time free of charge at the Academy subject to availability.
- BONUS: If you have completed a skills-based training course with us within the last 3 months of starting student clinic, you will receive a 6-hour credit transfer, getting you qualified that much faster!
- All products, consumables, tools & equipment required for use during face to face training is supplied
- Student Information Handbook and Workbook
- Comprehensive Learner Guide
- Membership of ‘The Enchanted World’, our private online support group exclusively for Enchanted students with access to Trainers and Industry experts.
- Post course Assessment program including Case Study review, feedback and support and Knowledge Assessment
- Statement of Attainment for SHBXCCS002 Provide Salon Services to Clients and SHBXWHS001 Apply Safe Hygiene, Health and Work Practices from Trainwest on successful completion of required assessments
PAYMENTS & TRAINING DATES
To secure your place on this course, you can pay by instalment.
Enchanted Beauty Lounge Student Clinics run every Thursday from 9am to 8pm. To meet your hours requirements, sessions can be booked on a mix of the following:
- 30 hours requirement (no credit transfer): 4 x 9am to 4pm sessions plus 1 x 5pm to 8pm session
- 24 hours requirement (with credit transfer): 3 x 9am to 4pm sessions plus 1 x 5pm to 8pm session
- OR a long day/combination of day/evening sessions to meet the hours
Clinic dates are booked on a first come, first served basis and beds are limited to a maximum of 6 per session.
When we have received your payment, we will call you to make an appointment for an onboarding session with our Academy Coordinator. During this session she will check availability for clinic bed space, pre-plan your student clinic sessions in advance based on your preferred available dates and create client appointment availability for you for the treatments you are trained to provide.
After this appointment we will provide you with a clinic contract confirming your session times and dates, the treatments we will schedule you to provide, and what to bring and wear, so you have a training plan for your study.
If the cancellation by you is due to change of mind and you no longer wish to participate in the course, a $200 booking fee is non-refundable on all deposits for cancelled bookings. ALL payments are non-refundable when cancellation is less than 7 days prior to the first booked student clinic date.
We will endeavour to notify you at least 7 days prior to the first clinic date and advise you of an alternative date/venue OR provide you with a full refund.
NOTE: ENCHANTED BEAUTY LOUNGE STUDENT CLINICS RUN EVERY THURSDAY FROM 9.00AM TO 8.00PM